On your first visit to Alderley Chiropractic Clinic, you will be asked to fill out some paperwork about your presenting condition and your overall health.
After the forms have been completed, Dr. Platz will then take you through a thorough examination including:
- Postural Screening
- Static/Motion Palpation
- Orthopaedic/Neurological testing
- Muscle strength/length analysis
- Specific Chiropractic procedures
Once they have finished your examination, the practitioners may refer you to one of our local radiology clinics for x-rays. X-rays are taken for several reasons including:
- To determine the condition of the discs (cushions between each vertebrae).
- To determine if there is any degeneration.
- To locate potential problem areas.
- To rule out other pathologies (disease).
Some treatment will be performed on the first visit unless there is something that contradicts it.
Report of Findings
The report of findings is done on your second visit after your Chiropractor has completed, recorded and analysed all the measurements required to assess your spine and health concerns. This includes:
- Explaining the cause of your problem, how it arose, and how to prevent a re-occurrence.
- Developing a management plan to not only get you out of pain, but to prevent the condition from re-occurring in the future.
- If the diagnosis is one that requires further investigation or specialist intervention, we will refer you to an appropriate practitioner.
Management of your condition may include:
- Specific & gentle Chiropractic adjustments.
- Soft-tissue muscle techniques.
- Exercise prescription.
- Nutrition counseling.
- Ergonomic advice.
Regular Adjustment Visit
It is vitally important to stick to the management plan created for you, as each adjustment builds on the one before it creating a healing momentum. As you begin to improve your visit frequency is reduced, and rehabilitative exercises will be given to you to improve flexibility and stability. This will allow your body to completely heal and decrease the chance of a re-occurrence significantly.
Please feel free to ask questions as much as you like throughout this process. Your case will be re-assessed on a regular basis to ensure we are doing everything we can to get you back on track.